Do you enjoy working with and repairing small, gas powered engines ? Are you the person your friends and relatives turn to, to \" fix \" those valued, but non-working small engines ? Do you enjoy being part of fun, energetic, hard working team ? If so, Scheels has an opportunity for you ! Scheels Home and Hardware is currently seeking a Full - Time Small Engine Technician. While committing to a professional, team environment, this associate will provide assistance to fellow associates and customers in the maintenance of various small engine products, while providing world class customer service.
* Ability to repair or learn how to repair small engines, including, but not limited to lawn mowers, snow blowers, chainsaws, etc.
* Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques, and recommending system improvements
* Keeps equipment operating by following operation instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs
* Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
* Provide world class customer service by smiling, greeting and assisting all customers
* Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
* Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
* Excellent customer service skills
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* Ability to write reports and speak effectively before groups of customers and associates
* Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
* With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work independently and with the team
* Must be at least age of 18
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to complete basic mathematical equations
* Able to lift or move up to 100 lbs. or more
Education and Experience:
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED), one to three months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 8a.m. and 5p.m., Monday through Friday. On occasion, schedule may include varied hours to include evenings and/or weekends. Average hours per week is 43 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
* Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Associate Discount
* Health & Dental Insurance
* Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
* Holiday Pay
* Maternity Leave
* Bereavement Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.